Location?:?IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 39 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
What does it mean to be a Project Manager for IRD?
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, facilitating and reporting on all tasks associated with delivering an assigned Project. By interfacing with functional groups including Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Production, Installation, Finance, and Service, the Project Manager shall be responsible for satisfactory completion of all project facets including design, procurement, subcontract management, manufacture, delivery, installation, acceptance, and training.? The Project Manager will ensure the timely delivery of a quality product (or system) on schedule and on budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and manage the design and installation of intelligent transportation projects
- Prepare detailed project updates and manage work plans, budgets and schedules from proposal through to commissioning and acceptance
- Develop Project Plans and schedules in consultation with Engineering, Production, and Field Support leads.
- Maintain IRD’s management information system by providing initial budget information to project accounting, accurate revenue and cost forecasts and by re-forecasting projects in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Facilitate meetings with project team members and management, wherein scope, budget, schedule, resources and risks are discussed
- Remain in daily contact with the Project Team members through the respective phases of the project to ensure smooth progress and timely resolution to any project performance issues.
- Maintain continual communication with the customer to report current project progress and manage their expectations appropriately.
- Provide updates to management at scheduled project review meetings
- Ensure proper staff is coordinated and present for installations, systems testing and acceptance and training phases for the project.
- Organize a project post mortem to discuss: costs, profits, issues, NCR’s and any other lessons learned that can be applied to future projects.
What do we look for?
- Related technical knowledge, project management experience, and leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Practical knowledge of contract administration, scheduling and Project Financial reporting
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Civil or Electrical) or a post-secondary technical diploma (A.Sc.T.) or equivalent related experience.
- A Professional Project Manager (PMP) Designation an asset
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please indicate position ‘OP-PM0719’in your cover letter and subject line.