ITS Field Electrician
Department: Field Services
Position: ITS Field Electrician
Job #: FSE-IN0919
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
IRD is dedicated to our customers and to our team. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages along with an ongoing commitment to training. IRD is currently looking to add an ITS Field Electrician to our Indiana region with the need to travel throughout the region.
Under the direction the Field Service Manager, the Field Service Technician is responsible for field electrical service, maintenance, and installations on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) installations for various end users.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to Corporate safety and quality policies
- Provide routine maintenance and emergency service work to installed equipment as outlined in the service contracts
- Maintain client relations by communicating with and training customers on the use of IRD deployed systems
- Provide accurate and detailed record keeping for service work performed, in IRD’s standard format including on-site record and electronic reporting. (a web-based service ticket reporting tool)
- Assist in the installation and integration of new and replacement equipment as required
- Verification of quality of power.
- Responsible for verifying grounding systems for electronics
- Provide electrical terminations and performance verifications of various IRD in-road sensors with integration of IRD roadside electronics, including power panels, electrical outlets and meters
- Facilitate and Supervise in-road and roadside civil construction activities as required
- Supervise subcontractors to ensure installations, repairs and service are performed in accordance with IRD standards
- Post-installation drawing and specification reviews for site compliance verifications and corrections may be required.
- Work with people from other areas of the company (ex. Technical Support, Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, etc) to resolve any technical, design or functional issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of software and hardware applications an asset
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent work record of self-motivation, judgment, productivity, and safety
- Ability to operate hand tools such as crimping pliers, screwdrivers, soldering irons, and wrenches
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze software and hardware problems using tools of the trade
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and able to follow the National Electric Code (NEC) regulations
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-motivated with good organization and time management skills
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- 1 – 3 years of experience in field related work.
- Commercial construction background considered an asset.
- Solid electrical troubleshooting knowledge with experience wiring meters, service panels and troubleshooting 120/240V systems.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronics an asset.
- Experience using various power and small hand tools.
- A valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record is required as a condition of employment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid passport for travel into Canada.
- Previous safety training will also be considered an asset.
- Required to pass a DOT Medical exam
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) is an Asset
Please indicate position ‘FSE-IN0919’in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.